• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Won't open

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Windows 10 and ever since when I try to open LR I get message saying it can't open because other application has it open

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Good to know that it worked for you.

Click the button with the green star and Correct Answer in my reply to mark as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Lightroom is running, there is a lock file present to prevent other users from accessing the catalog.

The lock file is normally deleted when you close the program, but if it doesn't close properly (crash or power failure), the lock file may not be deleted, and Lightroom will give you the error message that you mention.

The solution is to delete the lock file using the File Explorer.

Go to the folder that contains your LR catalog (usually inside the Pictures/My Pictures folder under your username.

Delete the file that ends with .lock - do not delete anything else.

Now try to launch Lightroom.

lockfile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct...but I can't figure out how to mark this response as correct in the thread. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know that it worked for you.

Click the button with the green star and Correct Answer in my reply to mark as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines