• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram fills to point where app pauses when freezing Rotobrush?

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to freeze a rotobrush pass, my system ram fills to 100% and causes OSX to "pause" After Effects thus stopping it from running. I have 96GB of ram, and this is the latest AE build, running on 10.12.

Shouldn't AE purge itself or something along the way to prevent this from happening? Currently I can only really keep it going by manually purging the limited amount of ram held in cache via 'sugo Purge' in a Terminal window.

This particular clip is 4K which is probably testing the limit of the software, but I definitely don't think it should behave this way?

Has anyone run into this and found another workaround, other than the obvious known common rotobrush workarounds?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. If you haven't already, try transcoding your footage to a lossless format, then replace with the previous probably heavily compressed footage. The try to freeze.

2. Try the secret menu and disable layer cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JordanLloyd,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines