• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Design won't save even after deleting preferences and uninstalling and reinstalling CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing issue. Happens when I am copying and pasting. In Design buttons are greyed out. (See attached). I've had my computer taken over by Adobe twice and it is only a temporary fix. We also uninstalled all of CC and reinstalled and I am still having the same issues. Please help. Working on an I Mac with Sierra version 10.12.5 and latest CC updates.

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.17.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-30 at 11.24.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sandym,

Please try these steps and share results

• Boot system to safe boot with same account and check how it works, if it works fine close all third party running services. For details click here Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
  • Log in to root account  For details check here How to enable the root user on your Mac - Apple Support

Check how application works there, If it works fine

Go to Location ~/Library/Preferences

• Right click preferences folder and click get info
  • Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  • Change permissions to read and write.
  • Click the Action pop-up menu , then choose “Apply to enclosed items.”
  •   If you do not see your account there click on plus symbol on bottom left corner and add account and follow same steps

Follow same steps for

~/Library/Caches

~/Library/Application support

/Library/Preferences

/Library/Caches

/Library/Application support

Note: If you are on office system ,these (/Library/Application support and/Library/Preferences) folders may or may not allow you to add user , that is completely fine.

• Restart system to existing user account and check performance.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines