• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 (or the iMac) will not complete installation

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements 15 the other day, and attempted to install it on my new iMac. Eight attempted installations have been unsuccessful. I printed a copy of Adobe's troubleshooting guide and followed all instructions.  No joy. The installation makes it completely to the end, and then I get a window saying, "Adobe Application Manager quit unexpectedly." followed by a long string of code diagnosing the problem. I assume that the ball has been batted to Apple's court after each attempt, but they have made no response or offered any explanation. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Georgep,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forum.

I really apologize for the inconvenience you are facing.

I understand you are facing issue in installing Elements 15 in your machine.

Can we follow the following steps:

Firstly,

Please click here to download Adobe Application Manager for Mac.

- After installation please double click its icon by searching it on finder to complete the installation (Mac)

Secondly,

Please click here to download Adobe Photoshop Elements .

- It will be downloaded as a trial version & the file has a pack of multiple languages that includes "English" but when during installation you will mention your adobe id, password & serial number then it will become full version .

- If you face more issue regarding installation & activation for Elements then please contact our Support Engineers via chat by clicking here.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry.  I tried to download Elements 15 (for the 9th time) according to your instructions and again, it got all the way through installation and I got the "Adobe Application Manager quit unexpectedly" message.  I have taken screen shots of the code listing (it won't let me do a simple copy and paste).  If you like I will send them to you.   Also, I tried to download Elements 10 again. It bailed out again at the end, but at least I got further than I had before. If I understand your instructions, I just need to go try again -- it may have been too soon.

Finally, I clicked the link in your reference to the support engineers.  It kicked me out the first time, and then when I got back in I could not figure out where I was supposed to click to connect.  If I may make a suggestion, that page really needs to be clarified.

I will try again to get through.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry again, but I really cannot figure out how to contact your Support Engineers.  Excuse me -- I'm going to go beat my head against a wall for awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success!! Elements 10 has now successfully installed.  A quick poke around the neighborhood and seems (knock on wood) to be doing fine. 

Thank you so much for your help!  I realize Elements 15 is a whole issue unto itself, but if E 10 is happy, I'm happy. 

P.S. I panicked and bought a copy of E 15 at approximately the same time you were contacting me the first time.  Maybe one day I'll try again to install it. But E 10 is fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines