• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!! Export Post process action does not fire!

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything but the post process action does not fire unless it is open in photoshop.

I have placed a bunch of scripts in the Export Actions folder and tried them all, none of them are fired. I have tried applescript, shellscript both failed.

I have also tried "open in other application" and select my script there and that didn't work either!

I have tried "show in finder" and "open in photoshop" both works.

Please help! I ran out of ideas!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Is your script in the form of a droplet, using the "on open" handler to respond to open requests? You can test if the app you make is working correctly as a droplet by dragging a photo and dropping it onto the app in the Finder.  AppleScript: Essential Sub-Routines

LR's Export will effectively "drop" the photo being exported onto the app, so it has to respond with "on open".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yarlag,

You may try and reset the Lightroom preferences back to defaults, maybe some of the settings under preferences causing this issue.

Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac, Export's Open In Other Application can only run true Mac applications, not scripts.  To run a shell script or an Applescript as an Export Post-Processing action, you'll need to package it as an app using Automator.   I don't remember the details of how to do that, but Google will help: https://www.google.com/search?q=run+shell+script+from+automator&oq=run+shell+script+from+automator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, use the Run Any Command plugin to run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I'm not using "open in other application", I'm using the export action folder where I place scripts in there. Is that not suppose to run scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the export action folder where I place scripts in there. Is that not suppose to run scripts?

No, it's just a place to remember frequently used applications (things that can be run by Open In Other Application).  See the help for details: Export presets, settings, and plug-ins in Lightroom .  On Mac, that can only be apps or aliases to apps (on Windows, it can be executables or scripts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but even if that is the case, I have compiled the applescript into an app. And even that doesn't run in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you compile the script into an app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make it an .app in the save dialog

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 3.26.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your script in the form of a droplet, using the "on open" handler to respond to open requests? You can test if the app you make is working correctly as a droplet by dragging a photo and dropping it onto the app in the Finder.  AppleScript: Essential Sub-Routines

LR's Export will effectively "drop" the photo being exported onto the app, so it has to respond with "on open".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gave an absolutely incorrect answer -- LR on Mac can indeed run shell scripts as export post-process actions. See this post for details: Re: Export Post-Processing not working as expected .   My sincere apologies for repeating a misremembered factoid without checking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines