Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images Not Opening In Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I'm sure this is something obvious I've missed but neither myself nor a colleague can work it out.

I've downloaded the trial of PS cc to use while my license is being ordered.

It will not open anything at all.

I have tried using:

File; Open

File; Open With

Dragging the image over

Right clicking and selecting Open with Photoshop

None of these do anything.

There is no error message but the images do not appear, and if I show the navigator/layers etc they show nothing there.

I have tried various different images.

I am using a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10.

I've tried deselecting the Graphics Processor in Preferences/Performance

I have tried removing the additional monitors but no change.

I have restarted my machine.

I've deleted my preferences.

I even removed and reinstalled PS.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

What kind of images are you trying to open? Tiff, JPEG2000....? Do you see the pictures in Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are standard .jpg files. I did try a .png file just as a test and that didn't work either.

They look fine in Bridge. If I select open in Photoshop form there is brings up the Photoshop program but there is no image there, same if I right click.

I do have Camera Raw installed, this opens the image but when I select Open Image nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same exact problem. Pictures that were working 100% with Photoshop 2015 CC simply won't work at all - won't display - in Photoshop 2017 CC. Using Intel 4600 and AMD Radeon 7550 graphics with 6GB RAM. Are the graphics too old?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Can't open or create new files. Maybe I'll get a flash of the workspace and can see the color picker for a split second but then it goes back to the default window. I've been having this issue for a few days now and I'm sure I've done every potential solution I've found online. It's just not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's not just me.

On the other hand it's a bit pointless paying for a subscription if PS isn't going to work on my machine.

Is there no-one who can help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Could you please share the version of Photoshop in use and the format of the images you're trying to open?

Also, where are the images located and are you able to create a new file from File>>New file?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines