• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off brush adjustments?

Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is turning off brush adjustments the equivalent of hiding a layer in Photoshop?

After turning off a brush adjustment and moving onto another brush adjustment, how do you then get the pin to show back up so that you can turn it back on? i have Show Pins set to Auto and I also tried always.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

turning off a brush adjustment

If you are referring to the switch at the base of the Brush Tool Panel, then that switch 'hides' or disables every brush stroke on the photo, effectively turning them all off, but switch back on to reveal all again.

ScreenShot071.jpg

Each time you use a 'new' brush you leave a 'pin' on the photo that sets the start location and effect for that brush adjustment.

Each new brush creates a new pin, the current (selected) pin has a black center. You click on a pin to make it the active pin/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

turning off a brush adjustment

If you are referring to the switch at the base of the Brush Tool Panel, then that switch 'hides' or disables every brush stroke on the photo, effectively turning them all off, but switch back on to reveal all again.

ScreenShot071.jpg

Each time you use a 'new' brush you leave a 'pin' on the photo that sets the start location and effect for that brush adjustment.

Each new brush creates a new pin, the current (selected) pin has a black center. You click on a pin to make it the active pin/brush.

The Menu- Show Edit Pins:  again is only a visual effect for the pins only (not the brush adjustment). I like 'Auto' so that simply moving the brush cursor off the photo will hide all the pins. Pins only show when the Brush tool is active.

There is a great way to adjust the effect of the selected pin- by clicking the triangle for the "Effect:" panel you can vary the selected  brush (pin) 'strength' with one slider for a brush that may be using several slider adjustments. This slider if set to zero (0) will, in effect, disable this one pin/brush, but leave it available for re-adjustment on the photo.

Which is what I think you are trying to achieve- "...get the pin to show back up.." ie get the 'Adjustment' to show.

ScreenShot072.jpg   ScreenShot073.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines