• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign on 2 computers

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find projects etc on my other computer? We made a indesign work on a laptop, now I want to open it up and do some changes om my desktop, why can´t I find previous works? I thought that was one the reasons it is called "cloud"......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Not all files created on one machine are available via "cloud" on another machine. You need to sync your files (present in a specific location) through creative cloud so that they get linked to your account. To do this, follow the below steps.

1. Open creative cloud and navigate to "Assets" tab...

2. Click on "Open Folder" and add the files you want to sync to that folder

3. Turn on syncing as shown below

This will sync files, and allow you to view and download them on the other machine.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As part of your InDesign license you are able to install two copies of InDesign, though you are not supposed to use them at the same time. The applications are not used "in the Cloud" but are downloaded to your computer and used in the normal way. So you need to download another copy of InDesign onto your second computer (which can be either a Mac or PC) using the Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have installed on 2 computers already. But I need to share the projects in-between the 2 computers

[details removed by ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend working in a Dropbox folder if you need to use files on more than one machine. In fact, I recommend doing so in all cases anyway since those files will be backed up in case something happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox is a spy who systematically analyzes everything that happens in its pipes, as Gmail.

There are other solutions available, starting with Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20GB? It’s virtually worthless in its current form.

I’m sticking with Dropbox. Simple and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try the above "Cloud" solution i mentioned about?

If your two machines have different Os (like a MAC and Win), I suggest you package the file first.Package files for handoff |

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just clarifying the process Stefan. When you save a file, you can choose a local drive that you can access from one computer, or a shared drive that you can access from any computer.

Creative Cloud Files is a drive that is available when you are signed in with your Adobe ID (set up as per Aman's instructions above), and Dropbox is a third party solution. Either one will accommodate your workflow, and since the files are stored on an external drive, if your hard drive crashes, those files are still safe and accessible.

InDesign CCss_005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My daughter who is sitting at the other computer did as suggested, but while doing so: Adobe said it wanted to upgrade and after that she can not get in.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version (exactly) do you have on each computer and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines