• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 stopped working [branched]

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there isn't any way to post a question or contact support I am trying here.  While using Photoshop C5, it stopped working.  Could no long do anything.  I even brought up pictures that I have modified earlier, even those were locked.  I have had Photoshop for years but this is completely new.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

I'm sorry if you find the facts insulting. I do not work for Adobe; they are not MY updates. It isn't that Adobe don't know how to fix it: the question isn't relevant because CS5 isnt supported: that means there isn't support. They won't look at the problem, still less fix it. The facts are

- CS5 is no longer supported

- there will be no new updates to CS5

- if you update your system there is always a chance that your apps will break

- so if you have CS5 And you update your system (even automaticall

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the guidelines,  If CS5 stop working crashes post the crash reports details.  Locked how? Try resetiing your CS5 preferences....

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the information but no response from support

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post that information here maybe a Photoshop user can help you.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the windows 10 update deactivated Photoshop.  A second update was sent, now Photoshop is working normally.  This isn't the first time that Windows 10 has done this.  Windows 10 should be recalled, it has deactivated programs and removed my photographs. 

Robert Pulsifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can expect software to stop working when the system is upgraded. Then you can upgrade your apps. They go together. If you want to run antique software, stay with an antique system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comments are insulting.  I have run your updates, they are difficult to install - windows 10 doesn't recognize them.  I had to install the updates manually yet adobe still list them as a need to install.

Now back to the original question.  The images are locked!  No screen shot will work that will capture the layers box issue.  If Adobe just doesn't know how to fix the issue then just say so.  This problem is in windows 10, no issue in windows 7.

Robert Pulsifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if you find the facts insulting. I do not work for Adobe; they are not MY updates. It isn't that Adobe don't know how to fix it: the question isn't relevant because CS5 isnt supported: that means there isn't support. They won't look at the problem, still less fix it. The facts are

- CS5 is no longer supported

- there will be no new updates to CS5

- if you update your system there is always a chance that your apps will break

- so if you have CS5 And you update your system (even automatically) there is a chance that your CS5 will no longer work fully

- so the safe thing to do, if you insist on running old apps, is to run an old system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I mark this as correct when your answer is that Adobe will not do anything to support the software that I had purchased?!?

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends whether you define "correct" as "factually accurate" or "morally right" I guess. Though in fact I would not support Adobe fixing CS5: I believe it would be morally wrong to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines