Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Design For Ipad Dimension

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I want to create UI Design/Mock-up for Ipad (7 inches). How do I measure the actual pixel for Ipad dimension and what is the difference between resolution and dimension (Width-Height).

Thanks,

Vasanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you create your page for an iPad at 2048 x 1536 px this will work well on a retina screen. Resolution is irrelevant in this context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek Crose.

But I still confusing what is the actual dimension (width & height) for 7 inch Ipad tablet because i can't understand difference between the Resolution and Dimension.

Finally this UI design/mock-up will given to the tech team. They will need measurement of the each and every object sizes in pixels (Buttons,icons,...) like style guide. Are you sure I follow this pixel 2048 x 1536 for 7 Inch Ipad tablet?

Thanks,

Vasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget the size in inches. This is of no importance. Only the size in pixels is important. If you want to see it at a different size in screen use ZOOM, please ask if you do not know how to do this.

Each iPad model has different size in pixels. Make sure you are using the right size. Many web site have this unformation eg iOS Quick Reference for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Yes I don't know. I got some knowledge but please explain clearly, What you mean that "ZOOM"

Thanks,

Vasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't produce content for a specific device as there are many and they are all different. Produce it for the best and let the content scale and/or letterbox for the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's a UI a good developer will have the content adapt. A UI is not a picture...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial on zooming in Photoshop Zooming And Panning In Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, the physical dimensions and resolution of any device (iPad, phone, etc.) are irrelevant. Only the total dimensions in pixels are important. Specifically, both the latest iPad and iPad Mini models have a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels. The resolution of the iPad Pro models are different, but at least the 4:3 aspect ratio of ALL iPad models is the same, so content scales nicely from one iPad to the next.

I assume that you are mocking up UI elements in Photoshop, and then handing the designs off to a developer. If the developer is going to carve the design up into final bitmap icons and other elements from your source files, creating your file at 2732 x 2048 would be safest, as the developer would be able to generate high-quality icons from that file for ALL iPads. But if you are only concerned about the iPad Mini, then 2048 x 1536 will be just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There you have the answer Vasanthakumar, from one of the world's leading experts on the subject!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines