Exit

Indesign CC 2017 Error 4

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone please help:

I have the latest CC software with all the latest updates.

I'm using an iMac with Sierra 10.12.5 with all the latest updates.

I have been having problems with Indesign CC 2017 I keep getting the error message Error 4 and have to restart Indesign but the program opens up with no problems. I have reset the preferences and reinstalled the program. Every time this happens I panic thinking I have lost the work.

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unistalling InDesign using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, I have done that but it's giving me the error message. For example, if I have 6 files oven over a day only one will give the message and I will have to restart Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would suggest restoring your InDesign preferences(both methods):

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

If that doesn't work, I would use the CC desktop app to uninstall CC 2017 and try installing again. It could be a bad installation (a rare event).

Which i guess you have already done.

What are the version with which you created the files you are opening in InDesign CC 2017?

Is your InDesign updated to the latest version? (CC 2017.1)

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried this so let's help it works - The only thing is I haven't got the option to update to CC 2017.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Which version of CC are you on currently?

You can update apps by following the steps mentioned here... Update apps to Adobe Creative Cloud 2017

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines