• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud [How do I get a serial number?]

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought creative cloud and light room down loaded to my desk top how do I get a sieral number

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Let's clarify something, because people seem to get terminology confused. You do not "buy" the Creative Cloud. You subscribe to the Creative Cloud and agree to pay a monthly or annual subscription fee. If you purchased Lightroom then you purchased Lightroom 6, which is a standalone program. You purchase a license to use that single program and it is installed using a serial number. If you subscribed to the Creative Cloud  then you would install the Creative Cloud desktop application manager and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud programs do not use serial numbers... you log in to your paid Cloud account to download & install & activate... you MAY need to log out of the Cloud and restart your computer and log back in to the Cloud for things to work

Download & Install instructions https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2003339

Also go to https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/creative_cloud_faq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try this when  I get home thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What John T Smith said. Correctly installed Cloud software should not even be asking you for a serial number.

Are you getting a prompt from the software for a serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps did you take to install the software?

Did you follow this: Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paid for it then i installed it and ran it

it sent a link to my email to download Lightroom and once it installed I tried to open it and it asked for a serial numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's clarify something, because people seem to get terminology confused. You do not "buy" the Creative Cloud. You subscribe to the Creative Cloud and agree to pay a monthly or annual subscription fee. If you purchased Lightroom then you purchased Lightroom 6, which is a standalone program. You purchase a license to use that single program and it is installed using a serial number. If you subscribed to the Creative Cloud  then you would install the Creative Cloud desktop application manager and install your programs from that application manager. So can you please clarify what it is that you have purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for cleaning  this up for me jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So can you tell us what you purchased?

Lightroom 6 standalone? (Comes with serial number)

or Cloud Photography Plan? (No serial number. Licensed via Adobe ID)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines