• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sapphire ran out of memory?

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 gigabytes of ram and i use the sapphire plugin to make my videos look better.So i start rendering my 18 second long montage/edit and it only renders about 2 seconds of it,then an error pops out saying : "Sapphire ran out of memory". Also says to restart and try again which i did but it didnt help.My purge is set to every 20 frames,my disk cache to 21 gb and i put 2 gigs of ram for ae and 2 gb for everything else.Please help me solve this problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Removing the effect might of course work, but the harsh honest truth is that your system is seriously underpowered for any effects work by today's standards. Even if you remove the effect, it might still stall during render, just at a later point.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4GB of RAM is barely anything these days and without exact info about your comp, render settings, your version of AE and what Sapphire effects you use in what version trhis sin't going anywhere, anyway. You have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,so my comp resolution is 1920x1080 my render settings are set to best,format is quicktime movie,compressed with h.264 im using ae cc 2015 and i was only using s_shake the whole composition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, *eek*. Distortion effects like S_Shake expand the buffers, so the effective size is much bigger than the comp resolution. I'm afraid you have simply reached the limits of your system. 4GB really isn't adequate for this kind of work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i still do something without removing the shake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean if i have to remove it i will,i just put it pirely so the video wouldnt look lifeless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the effect might of course work, but the harsh honest truth is that your system is seriously underpowered for any effects work by today's standards. Even if you remove the effect, it might still stall during render, just at a later point.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,i understand,thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if i give a person my project file and he renders it and then just sends it to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium Okay,i deleted the s_shake from it and tried to render it but it still stopped but it gave me a different error,i mean i get the errors but its kinda sketchy how it stops and gives me an error at the exact same second and exact frame like before.It stops at 2 seconds with or without s_shake.The error was something about not being able to allocate memory from that frame it stopped on and said a huge dimension like (10000:x) i dont remember properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM is pretty cheap and most machines can be easily upgraded. I'd recommend adding as much RAM as you can to your system. 16 GB would be great if it'll take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much would that approximately cost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's easy to google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what kind of RAM your system takes, where you live, etc.

$70-$120 would be a really rough guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem but I have 16gb of ram someone help. And yes I have all my ram dedicated to after effects. I have gone to secret settings and have after effects purge cache every 2 frames, and ignore render sequence errors. As much memory as I can is dedicated to the render, and I have even tried to use task manager to give after effects real time priority and still gettings this render error. comp is 4k 24fps 47 seconds with 30 layers. Its a farely small project compared to other projects ive been able to render without a problem. But I have still had this problem with many projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines