Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This document's file has been changed by another application … "

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.12.5, XD 0.6.34.3 Beta

Fairly sure I set off the problem way back. XD layouts stored in a folder on my Adobe CC account. But, had a crash and loss of connectivity, so I made the folder visible within my system so I could reliably see what the status was (or, maybe it always was, and I chased it down). Folder is located at

… Users > USERNAME > Creative Cloud Files (linked folder) > FILE FOLDER >

Everytime I work on a file created before the 0.6.34.3 update and save it, I get the error message

"This document’s file has been changed by another application since you opened or saved it … SAVE / DON'T SAVE."

I've been saving because it "worked." But, something is clearly wrong.

Happens if I go to the folder directly, or open it from XD's startup modal.

Workflow was fine before that.

New documents (created since the update) don't appear to suffer from it. Only affects legacy documents that are newly modified.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

See Error: "Unable to sync files" to the Adobe Creative Cloud for troubleshooting sync issues.

If you still need help, I suggest contacting Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like more of an issue with your OS, although I cannot be entirely sure. I will check with my colleagues and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the response I got from the team:

This issue seems to be a conflict with default program for XD files, or the change in the location or mapping of creative cloud folder.

Can you try reinstalling Adobe XD and try to save the files? Or try saving the previously created files with an updated name?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually tried both using the Adobe Program Manager (or whatever it's called) to uninstall XD, restart, then reinstall, then restart.

I've tried building documents from scratch. I've tried building a new document and copying and pasting items from the old stuff.

And, I've tried creating a new directory. It's a syncing issue.

I opened both the new and old directories to be sure. To reproduce the problem, make a big change and save. While CC is updating the file in the cloud, make a small change, and save.

AdobeSync.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Error: "Unable to sync files" to the Adobe Creative Cloud for troubleshooting sync issues.

If you still need help, I suggest contacting Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for further investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines