• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locate Missing Photo dialog deficiency

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten myself in trouble.  I moved some directories behind LR's back (I know this was a mistake).

because of the "deep" directory structure i use for photos, LR's "find nearby...." doesn't really help me much (it doesn't search "sibling" directories).

for that reason, i think my best option is to recreate the original directory structure that LR thinks should exist...  but i can't figure out where LR thinks the files SHOULD be, because it abbreviates the total file path using "..." in the "locate missing file" dialog box, as depicted here:

img1352.jpg

does anyone know of a way to find the complete "previous location" path?  this is windows, btw.

many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

In LR's Folders panel, right click the folder and choose Show Parent Folder. Do this as many times as you need.

Remember also that you can right click a folder and choose Update Folder Location. Assuming you didn't move photos between folders, this could be a faster way to sort out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR's Folders panel, right click the folder and choose Show Parent Folder. Do this as many times as you need.

Remember also that you can right click a folder and choose Update Folder Location. Assuming you didn't move photos between folders, this could be a faster way to sort out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, I'm a moron....  of course: totally obvious.  thanks very much for taking the time to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines