• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've imported Illustrator logo and converted shape from vector in AE. Clicking 3d work on 3 of my shapes but on the other two, the AE screen goes black. I've been searching for a solution for the last 3 days hence posting here. Please help I'm new.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot.

PS

this is the first time posting anything so please be patient with me and if any more details are needed, just give ask.

Thanks

Dave

black screen in AE after selecting 3d adobe forum.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Nothing immediately jumps out at me as being odd - anyone else have any ideas?

A couple of further suggestions:

1. Just to try and eliminate the Ai file as an issue, save a copy of your Ai file as a much older version say 'Illustrator 8'. When the export dialog appears there's a menu to select the version at the top.  Import that and see what happens.

2. If you still get the black screen twirl down the transform section for the shape layer and post an image of the Anchor Point, Position, Scale, Ori

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shape from vector is not a 'perfect' conversion. My guess is that the issue is with the original illustrator file. Look at the 'U' shapes in the illustrator file and check they are not compound shapes or other 'complex' objects. If they are, simplify them into standard shapes and try again.

If that's not successful post another screen shot with one of the problem layers twirled down so we can see the contents of the shape layer 'contents' group and all it subgroups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, thanks for the speedy reply but it wasn't successful. Here areblack screen in AE after selecting 3d adobe forum 1.jpg the images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing immediately jumps out at me as being odd - anyone else have any ideas?

A couple of further suggestions:

1. Just to try and eliminate the Ai file as an issue, save a copy of your Ai file as a much older version say 'Illustrator 8'. When the export dialog appears there's a menu to select the version at the top.  Import that and see what happens.

2. If you still get the black screen twirl down the transform section for the shape layer and post an image of the Anchor Point, Position, Scale, Orientation, Rotation, and Opacity values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mike for the solution. I don't know why it worked to Save As an older file but it did. I tried the first solution from your couple of further suggestions.

Fantastic

Ta

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Mr. Abbott. There are limits to the conversion and presumably something is awry in your AI file in the first place. You have to provide soem screenshots of the AI paths selected and anchor points visible as well as the AI layers palette with teh relevant groups twirled open to understand their structure and the same for the AE shape layer hierarchy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines