• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion blur works in one comp but not another in same project file.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there first post so hope its okay.

Im using After Effects CC 2017.2 release, version 14.2.1.34.

Windows 8.1 pro

i-7 CPU @ 3.60GHz

32gb RAM

64bit

Nvidia Geforce GTX 670

Im using the classic 3D renderer.

This problem started today. I open an after effects project file and start animating the graphics which are part of a psd file I've imported and kept editable layer styles. I move a graphic or character out of frame and use keyframes to bring him onto screen. When adding motion blur to the moving layer the blur seems to smudge or smear instead of actually blur.

Untitled-1.jpg

Above you can see the smear affect that is happening.

I thought maybe this is a version issue but I'm up to date with after effects. I thought maybe its my graphics card yet I tested another comp in the same project file and motion blur works all of a sudden. It works for a few comps and then doesn't work again.

Untitled-2.png

Above is from the same project file.

I've taken the project file and imported it into a new AE file and tried to add motion blur again but come up with the same issue. I've gone about using an old project file that had motion blur working and imported the faulty project and still seem to have the same problems.

Has anyone else come across these issues?

Thanx for any feedback!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that bug before. first thing I always do when I find weird rendering issues is to try and isolate them to the GPU. Go to your project settings and under Video Rendering and Effects select Mercury Software Only. See if that does anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kgomotsom,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines