• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign booklet printing out of order

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all - I am *very* new to InDesign, so this may be a very simply answered question. I cannot figure out why my booklets always print out in the wrong order. I have a 17 page booklet, some of the pages are intentionally blank, and I have them "facing" in settings. It's a 2 up saddlestitch booklet, 11x17 to make 8.5x11 pages. Looking at the document, it is in the right order and appears that it should print in the order I have it. However, when I print it and even in the print preview, the pages are totally out of order, some are even upside down. Additionally, the booklet prints out backwards. So my front page is coming out on the very back of the booklet. Soooo frustrating! I am sure there has to be an easy fix for this - I likely just don't have the right check box checked. Can someone give me some suggestions?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

You need to have pages in multiples of 4. 17 is not going to work.

I would also advise you to avoid the print booklet feature. Export a PDF and use the booklet feature in Acrobat instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have pages in multiples of 4. 17 is not going to work.

I would also advise you to avoid the print booklet feature. Export a PDF and use the booklet feature in Acrobat instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thank you! I converted it to a PDF and printed in Acrobat - it printed perfectly. I really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this issue as well - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines