Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Motion & Premiere Elements?

Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet bought Premiere Elements and would like to know if it can do what I need. I'd love to get Premiere Pro, but (not being a student) it's quite expensive.

I would like to be able to film on a GoPro Hero5 in 240fps then play it back at 24fps for an easy 10x slow motion effect. Is this easy in Elements? Would it look the same as done in Pro?

I'd also like to be able to slow it down even more if possible without making it look crappy. I know this can be done in Premiere Pro with Twixtor. Is it possible in Elements?

Will it be easy to add music that doesn't slowdown along with the video? Could I layer it over the audio so that both can be heard (normal music + slowed down audio).

Lastly, I'd also like to sometime speed up the playback (also shot in 240fps) to up to10x. Is this easy to do in Elements?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements has a couple of tools for controlling playback speed. Its Time Remapping tool is excellent and can be used to slow down an entire clip or only segments of the clip.

Time Remapping includes Frame Blending that makes for excellent, smooth slow motion.

Time Remapping can speed your clip up to 8x or down to 1/8x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So could I play back 240fps video at 24fps, then use Time-Remapping to slow it down even further?

Or is the 8x slow motion the extent of what is possible with Premiere Elements, so 240fps could be slowed down to 30fps but no further?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The project settings for Premiere Elements only go as high as 60p fps -- even if you load a video with 240 fps into the project. But you can slow that down to 1/8x. It will still be 60p, but it will be one-eighth the playback speed.

If you need to slow it further, you can output your slowed movie as a video, add that output movie onto your timeline and then slow that to up 1/8x (which would be up 1/64x of your original video) and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines