• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon D7500

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC won't recognise my D7500, how can I overcome this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Try the NEW Lr CC2015.12 that was just released.  There was no info on what was new as the "Whats New" link was broke but maybe the D7500 is supported.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.46.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Refer the table above. Lightroom does not yet support the D7500. Many D7500 owners are waiting for an LR update to be released which supports the D7500.

For now, you'll have to use Nikon's own software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded Nikon ViewNX 2 but can't make any changes eg, crop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's just the viewer software. If you want to edit the photos, you can download Capture NX-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View NX2 is old software. The current version is View NX-i.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also another approach until the D7500 NEF gets fully supported. I realized when

changing  EXIF metadata: 'Camera Model' from 'NIKON D7500' to 'NIKON D500'

Lightroom 6 will import the D7500 NEF files with no problems and you can work with your photos.

Conclusion: LR already supports the D7500's NEF codec. It just refuses to import the files because of the Camera Model metadata. So I guess only a tiny update of a 'camera model table' is necessary to make things work.

For bulk changing EXIF metadata of many NEFs, I suggest to use exiftool.

Configuration: 'exiftool(-Model='NIKON D500').exe'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure it might seem to work at first, but you take any risk that somehow Lightroom may do the wrong thing in converting the RAW image. There is no guarantee that LR is doing the best and correct conversion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm positive that the D7500 support is not too far away and will be included in the next LR release - however, only Adobe knows when this will be. Usually, support for new cameras is added rather quick.

As others already pointed out, I'd wait for this to happen and can not recommend to change the EXIF data.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully we get the update soon. I have 2200 photos that I need to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this other day with the anticipation of it being supported by now, but it's still not. Seriously how much longer can it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated by F. McLion​ in Post 7, only Adobe knows when this will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR tends to be updated every 3-4 months. We users can make educated guesses at a release schedule, but everyone who knows the schedule is bound by NDAs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christ so we have like what, 2 more months maybe 1 if we're lucky of waiting left? what an absolute pain, Capture One is looking more appealing everyday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One does not yet support the D7500 either. Their users are in the same boat as Lightroom users.

Capture One Pro 10 Supported Cameras

Be nice if the camera manufacturers would include Save to DNG in their camera settings. Then no-one would have to wait for any updates. It would just work. That's why Adobe invented the DNG format in the first place. They saw this waiting game coming a decade ago and offered a solution (DNG format) which was duly ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the NEW Lr CC2015.12 that was just released.  There was no info on what was new as the "Whats New" link was broke but maybe the D7500 is supported.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.46.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera support page does show it supported

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.49.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant get Lightroom Classic CC to tether to Nikon D7500.  What up with that. I just updated the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to Adobe - A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6 ​- the D7500 should be supported.

Some notes on this link regarding Nikon cameras:

Screenshot 2018-01-31 18.33.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines