• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File created in 2009 & modified in 2015: Either the file does not exist, you do not have permission, or the file may be in use by another application.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this particular issue addressed for this error message, so I am opening a new thread.

I've been using Creative Cloud ID since 2013. I recently began receiving the "Either file does not exist…" message on a number of files when I double-click to open them directly in ID. These files were created very recently or years ago. Some have been modified and saved at various times through the years. Others were newly created in recent weeks. I am able open all of the files using all other menu or keyboard methods (Open, Open Recent, command-O) and also via Bridge. I have no problem working on or saving them once they are open, only opening them by double-clicking directly in ID. The files are from various, unrelated projects and are saved to various, unrelated folders. Meanwhile, all files from just one particular folder open directly using the double-click in ID with no problem!

What could be causing this? How can I rectify it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi krswed,

Are you working on a Mac? Have you already tried getting info and changing the "open with" setting in the info panel?

Select the file icon for the InDesign Document, right click or do Cmnd+option+i for "get info" in that panel you will see an option for "open with". Select the version of InDesign you want. Note there is a "Change All" button there that will make that selection stick for all similar files so you wont have to do it for each individually.

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 11.43.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, ethanbk, I will try that and let you know if that solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines