• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos (.mov) from Live Photos Are Green

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most (but not all) of the .mov video files imported into Lightroom as part of live photos show all green for all frames. The audio is intact in Lightroom. The .mov files play in the Finder and QuickTime. Other movies from my iPhone work in Lightroom; the problem is just most of the movie files separated out from live photos.

I have previously turned on: Preferences > General > Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos, as per advice in the forums, as the only way to get (partial) support for Apple live photos in Lightroom. I have reset Lightroom preferences, which had no affect. I cleared the video cache (10 GB), which had the mild affect of switching some .mov files from displaying noise to displaying all green instead.

System is recent iMac; internal stock HD (lots of space); iPhone 7+; OSes & Lightroom are fully up-to-date.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this? I'd really like to keep these movies, as they are of special moments with my kids. (I have thoroughly searched Google and Adobe Support without any solution.) Thanks!!

[Asking Lightroom questions in the Premiere Pro forum doesn't really work... Moved]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

The live photos are not normal .mov files and as far as I know are not supported completely in Lightroom and this is a known problem that hasn't been fixed. Apple uses some sort of custom format for these. See here for more info and to add your voice to a forum where Adobe engineers actually frequent: Lightroom: Support for importing Live Photos (iOS 9, iPhone 6s) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AmelioRate,

Have you tried turning off the GPU from Lightroom preferences?

Open Lightroom > Edit menu > Preference > Performance tab > Uncheck GPU > Restart Lightroom.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, I should have included in my post that I have already tried that, with no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The live photos are not normal .mov files and as far as I know are not supported completely in Lightroom and this is a known problem that hasn't been fixed. Apple uses some sort of custom format for these. See here for more info and to add your voice to a forum where Adobe engineers actually frequent: Lightroom: Support for importing Live Photos (iOS 9, iPhone 6s) | Photoshop Family Customer Communit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines