Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting comments

Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to export comments and highlights as a data file. However, I don't want the data file to open the pdf document. Currently, when i double click the data file it opens my initial pdf documents. Due to copyrights, I don't want the other person to be able to open the whole pdf , I only want to transfer the comments and highlights. Is this possible?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

If someone only has the data file (an FDF file) it doesn't mean they also access to the PDF, but if you want to avoid having the application prompt them to select it export the data to a text file, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What want you do with the data file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to transfer to another person so they can import it to their own pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If someone only has the data file (an FDF file) it doesn't mean they also access to the PDF, but if you want to avoid having the application prompt them to select it export the data to a text file, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok. How do i export it as a text file, and what is the difference with fdf? Will they stil be able to import the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How to do it depends on your version of Acrobat, but basically you need to look for the Export Data command, and then change the output format to .txt in the Save As dialog. Send the generated text file to the other person and they will need to use the Import Data command to import it back into their PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines