• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to pin four legs?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! My character stands on four legs. I can't figure out how to pin them all down because he keeps floating all over the place. I tried using the pin to pin each on each layer and then I also tried to pin each down with the group highlighted. Nothing worked. Any help would be so great. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the legs are in the Body group, I would select that Body group and add Fixed handles to each leg. If this isn't working, then most likely something is structured incorrectly, or something is independent that shouldn't be, etc. Feel free to share your puppet file here if you still can't figure it out:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey oksamurai​,

I've watched some of your tutorials and example scenes but couldn't figure out how to animate a walk cycle for a 4-legged character.

This is the clean scene I'm working with: Dropbox - 4-leg_walk_cycle.rar

.ai file: Dropbox - purple_dino.ai

Can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong or how to approach this issue?

Thanks alot.

Sebastian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to add 3 walk behaviors: one at the top level puppet, the other two on the second instances of the left/right leg tags.

https://youtu.be/ja7bVr4kHCU?t=13m4s explains it better. And Acquavella is a free example at http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing! Thank you very much, oksamurai​. Your advice really helped me out.

Cheers,

Sebastian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines