• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't input any text

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to CC 2017 I can open old documents and create new ones, I can add text frames and place the cursor to enter text. But pressing any letter won't show up. Even marked letters I can't change. And I can't use the upper menu bar. The cursor changes to an arrow and right above it is a spinning wheel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Hi Rolf,

You can contact the voice support directly. Here's the link to find the contact number for your region: Contact Customer Care

​

​Regards,

​Om

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rolf,

The old files were created in which version of InDesign? Is it happening with specific files or all them? What's the OS running in the system?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ohmnath,

I am using windows 10, and even if I create a new file with indesign CC, the problem occurs. Can't input any text or access any items on the menu bar. I uninstalled Indesign with deleting all user informations and reinstalled it. No Change. I tried to deactivate the plugins. No Change. I can't work with indesign now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting InDesign's preference files? To do this on a PC hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried ctrl+alt+shift, but I was not asked to reset anything. And I tried any combination of Ctrl, Alt, shift. So I renamed the folder cache in appdata/local/adobe/indesign/version 12/de_de

But this didn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual path to the preference files for Windows 7 and above is: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was typing the same. Please rename or delete the folder suggested by Bill and then check. Do share the result.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renamed C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 12.0\de_de

It did not work after starting. The folder was created again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear the folder Version 12.0 should be deleted (while InDesign is closed) and it is supposed to be recreated (as a clean version) when you relaunch InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from my post before yours, I did exactly what you told me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rolf,

Do you have any third party plugin or device installed which could be conflicting with InDesign? It could be a plugin, anti-virus or any other app.

Please try one more troubleshooting step: Create a new user account (admin) in your machine,log in to the new account and check. Do share the result.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om,

I installed Indesign from scratch. No plugins were added. I tried a different user with admin privilges, but the result is the same. I deactivated Antivirus software, no change. As soon as I start Indesign, I see the arrow with a spinning wheel right above it.How can I contact support directly?

Regards Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rolf,

You can contact the voice support directly. Here's the link to find the contact number for your region: Contact Customer Care

​

​Regards,

​Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Om,

when I click on the link I only get to the forum. I don't get to see a phone number. Could you provide me with a support number for Germany via E-Mail?

Regards

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rolf,

I've sent you an email, please check. Feel free to report if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines