• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Suite Spec Help Please - Quadro p4000?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of purchasing a new pc to use for editing although I am by no-means a computer expert so any advice on the following spec would be very much appreciated!

I've been quoted for the following:

Fujitsu Celsius M740 3.60GHz Intel Xeon 6 Core

32GB RAM

512GB SSD

2TB Hard Drive

Nvidia Quadro P4000 8GB Graphics card

Windows 10

This Graphics card is not on the approved list so does anyone know if it will work?!  Also, am I best sticking to windows 7 or going for windows 10?  Any advice would be gratefully received.  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the official adobe system requirements hardware list isn't maintained by adobe for new hardware, so its missing lots of new hardware. there have been some driver problems with nvidia cards, but overall people seem to be using the new nvidia cards just fine.

windows 10 is slightly faster, but also loaded with lots and lots of spyware and advertising that needs to be disabled for best performance and privacy. windows 10 will also have more security features/updates as win7 is being dropped by microsoft. they want everyone on win10 to sell them stuff thru the windows store. also, win10 updates tend to re-enable the spyware and telemetry, so its a constant battle to keep that stuff disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very helpful - thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that is an Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4 processor   I do not have test results on that version but I do on the slightly slower v3 and it is not a great result.  Almost any current 6-core i7 processor is much faster.  Also the Quadro P4000 with 1792 CUDA cores and 8GB of RAM is around $800 dollars while a GTX 1070 has 1920 CUDA cores 8GB of video RAM and a faster Memory Clock for only $400, but of course Fujitsu does not offer GTX GPU's or i7 Processors.

So I do not like that configuration.  But if you have to buy a complete system depending on what it costs, it probably will work for you.  We do not know the complexity of your media.  There is one option that I would have to have and that is "PCIe-SSD, 1x 512 GB M.2 NVMe Highend card" to use for your video projects and media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill Gehrke wrote:

I am guessing that is an Intel Xeon E5-1650 v4 processor.  Almost any current 6-core i7 processor is much faster. 

the i7 6-core is the same cpu as the xeon, its just a lower quality xeon re-branded as an i7. they should perform similar according to clock speeds, and the only way an i7 would be "much faster" is if its overclocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines