Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.9 won't upgrade to 6.10.1

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

My standalone version of Lightroom 6.9 wont upgrade to the latest 6.10.1 as it thinks it is already up to date.  Below is a screen shot of when I run Help -> Updates from the menu:

2017-07-07_225156.jpg

I have downloaded the 6.10.1 patch and tried to run it manually but it says that the patch is not applicable to me:

2017-07-07_222457.jpg

I have tried the Adobe Support Chat but they could not help me.  Below is a snippet of what I see in the System Info in the Help menu:

Lightroom version: 6.9 [ 1106920 ]

License: Perpetual

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 16305.5 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16305.5 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 653.9 MB (4.0%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 705.8 MB

GDI objects count: 447

USER objects count: 1250

Process handles count: 1380

Memory cache size: 0.0MB / 3820.3MB (0.0%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 189MB / 8152MB (2%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 3840x2160

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

I uninstalled Lightroom, ran the Cleaner and then reinstalled it again (version 6.0).  After checking and installing updates, it is now running version 6.10.1.  Not sure what the problem was with the previous installation but I've got past it now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes signing off and back in helps to detect.

Otherwise download directly from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried signing off and back in but unfortunately it made no difference.  I had already downloaded the patch directly and tried installing it but as I said in my initial post, it fails saying "This patch is not applicable for you".

I guess the only course of action left is to uninstall, run the Cleaner tool and reinstall again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before removing and reinstalling, please try if it helps to reset the preferences: http://lightroom-blog.com/2015/05/23/resetting-preferences-in-lightroom-cc6/

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip.  I reset my preferences but still get the same error when trying to update via Help -> Updates or manually trying to install the 6.10.1 patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled Lightroom, ran the Cleaner and then reinstalled it again (version 6.0).  After checking and installing updates, it is now running version 6.10.1.  Not sure what the problem was with the previous installation but I've got past it now.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines