Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HSL 'adjust by dragging in the photo' not working

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Anyone else having this issue?  Ever since the latest update (2015.10.1) when going into the HSL adjustment panel, and clicking on any (Hue, Saturation, Luminance) of the "adjust _ by dragging in the photo" doo-dad, and then go to the photo to adjust, it is not becoming the adjust tool, but staying the magnifying icon, and just zooming in on the photo when clicking in the photo, instead of selecting that specific color to adjust.  It's rather annoying, as I use this tool quite regularly to fine tune specific colors within an image, and now cannot.

Any suggestions or info?  Thank you in advance for any time and help.

All the best to you,

JPH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

This is a known bug introduced in 2015.10.1 acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom CC 2015.10.1: Develop module: Target Adjustment Tools not working | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration to that bug report to make it more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix and to notify you when the bug status changes.

The only workaround so far is to roll back to 2015.10: Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug introduced in 2015.10.1 acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom CC 2015.10.1: Develop module: Target Adjustment Tools not working | Photoshop Family Custo... . Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration to that bug report to make it more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix and to notify you when the bug status changes.

The only workaround so far is to roll back to 2015.10: Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, John -

Thank you very much for your time and reply, and sorry I didn't find that it was already a known issue.

I tried to do what you said, and "Me too", but every time I clicked on it, it would tell me to login, even after I was logged in, just keeps bringing up the login box prompting me to do so over and over...  but, did find on the page, a gentleman who said to temp correct it, was to open LR whilst holding the Alt/Option + Shift keys, and reset one's preferences, which I did and now works (for now)... to the loss of all my settings, which is frustrating too, but I hadn't customized things too much (that I have noticed so far at least), so not too big of a hassle.

Thank you again for your help, and wishing you all the best and happy shooting.

JPH

UPDATE:  Okay, scratch that, moving on to my next photo to use the target adjust tool in the HSL, it now again does not work, and stays on the magnifying tool.  Frustrating... added that I cannot "Me too"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Others report in that topic that resetting preferences only provides temporary relief. Rolling back to a prior version is the only known permanent workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am having the same problem. What I do is select "All', then select "Saturation" and then back to "All'. it will work once you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done! This was driving me crazy. Hope they squash this little bug but this seems to be a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like it is still a problem. So frustrating taht this is a 2 year old bug and still has not been fixed. it works most of the time but for wahtever reason, at times it just quites working. That part I can not figure out. Arghhhhhh. Come on ADOPE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines