• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

classic tween motion looks odd > Moves sideways instead of rotating

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering what the settings for tweening have to be for a classic tween where I have one frame with a straight head, and the second with a slightly rotated head. If I take the default settings it keeps moving up and snaps to the second position at the second keyframe. Are there good tutorials that you can recommend for the tween settings?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your 2nd frame with the rotated head is the same symbol (with a rotation applied) as your one frame symbol?

or you used two different symbols?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You moved the registration point in the rotated version of the head, didn't you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't put the registration point on a weird place. I figured out I should use motion tween instead of classic tween to get what I wanted. But I probably still can't use the classic tween properly because I don't understand how it works..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe this can be helpful to understand the process of it:

Create classic tween animation in Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrightAnna  wrote

I figured out I should use motion tween instead of classic tween to get what I wanted. But I probably still can't use the classic tween properly because I don't understand how it works..

Motion tweens are an order of magnitude more complex than classic tweens. Classic tweens are so basic, there's barely anything to understand about them. You just set your symbol, add a keyframe, move/rotate/scale the symbol, right-click between them and add classic tween, done. As long as it's the same symbol on both ends of the tween, and you don't change the registration point, it Just Works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try to make some animations this way, I guess it'll just take practice. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines