• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can AE motion track a cineware/C4d File?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to do some motion tracking on a C4D file.

When I import it into AE, the tracking options under animation are all greyed out.

If I try and use the 3D camera tracker, A red bar appears saying "3D Camera Tracker analysis doesn't work with Collapse Transformations".

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something you're not telling us.  Please show us a screen shot of the problem -- the whole user interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a C4d project

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 2.16.01 PM.png

Imported it into AE:

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 2.14.43 PM.png

Animation Menu:

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 2.15.00 PM.png

3D Tracker error:

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 2.15.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, here is the tracker panel, I cannot select the C4d as the motion source. (it is greyed out)

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 1.17.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to do that. In the bottom of the Cineware Plugin, you can Extract the Cinema 4D camera to get the same camera in After Effects. The extract button can extract objects with external compositing tags. lights and Cinema 4D cameras into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that allow me to put some text over the top of the pyramid and have it stay in 3D space with the model?

trying to have text around a mode like this:

Forerunner 630: The Numbers that Measure a Runner - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you activate the 3D in your text layer, you can do it. Anyway, the best way to do it is to put a Null Object and add an External Compositing to that object in C4D to extract this info in your AE Composition. Or add a Light in C4D, put it on the top of your pyramid and extract this object position to put your 3D text in the same position as the light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use the external compositing tag this morning.

I looked at a few tutorials, and it seems that the solid is not animating with the morph camera, it stays in the same place in the viewport while the camera/model moves.

Does the external composting tag not work with morph cameras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes Cineware doesn't extract camera info correctly from stuff like the morph camera. However, if you go the AEC route, it'll be fine. You save an AEC file out of Cinema 4D in the render settings area then, if you've installed the importer plugin, you can just import that file and it will have the correct camera information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you bake everything before you extract anything animated in C4D. It is always a good practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi atracksler,

Did you ever nail down this animation? How did you end up solving the issue?

Let us know,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I had this issue similar to the one atracksler had.

Dropping the c4d file straight into AE and extracting the 3d data with Cineware "seemed" to work, but not really. The text I added in AE wasn't tracked at all. I loooooong suffered for this, one entire morning pulling my hair.

But Szalam pointed to the right direction. I was using a morph camera tag in c4d, and for some reason Cineware doesn't get it.

Then, saving the data from c4d onto a .aec file and importing this file into AE worked just fine.

See if that helps Kevin-Monahan​.

Cheers,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines