• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using Acrobat 9 with a Mac computer (10.10.5) , recently my typing is all faded- in every font and in every color- yet the typewriter tool has no opacity setting! How do I correct this?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat 9 with a Mac computer (10.10.5) and recently all my typing is faded- in all fonts and in all colors- as if I changed the opacity setting, yet there is no opacity setting in the "typewriter" tool. Could someone please help me; this is very frustrating. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat 9 twice to no avail.

Regards,

Richard

[ Mod: Personal information removed ]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

There is indeed transparency associated with these typewriter annotations. I don't know how that happened, but I may be able to tell you how to get rid of it again: Load the document that you sent me, and then bring up the properties toolbar (Cmd-E - or if you ever try this on a Windows system, use Ctrl-E). Now select the old (non-transparent) annotation. The properties toolbar should change, and now offer a "More" button, which you need to select. On the properties dialog that pops up, there sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the files except could not find Acrobat WebCapture cookies; but

it did not work. on restarting Acrobat, the typing is still faded

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a sample of such a PDF? You can share it via the instructions here: Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

I have been following the link to share an example of my pdf using cloud. I

see the file, but I never get to choose anonymous nor do I see a send

button; all I get is 'copy link' and then a mail form appears requiring me

to fill out an email address, which I don't have. What am I missing here?

Thanks-

Richard

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Karl Heinz Kremer <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/130b6e8c-bc76-435d-821a-e81c1d68617c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is indeed transparency associated with these typewriter annotations. I don't know how that happened, but I may be able to tell you how to get rid of it again: Load the document that you sent me, and then bring up the properties toolbar (Cmd-E - or if you ever try this on a Windows system, use Ctrl-E). Now select the old (non-transparent) annotation. The properties toolbar should change, and now offer a "More" button, which you need to select. On the properties dialog that pops up, there should be a "Make Properties Default" checkbox:

2017-07-07_12-44-46.png

Select that checkbox and then click on "OK". When you now add a new typewriter annotation, it should be non-transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl it worked!!

I am so appreciative- thanks- you have rescued my floor plans

Kind regards,

Richard

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Karl Heinz Kremer <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it worked. Don't forget to mark my answer as correct, so that others with the same problem can find this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Karl, it appears to be marked correct already- thanks again!

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Karl Heinz Kremer <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines