• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot log into Lightroom Mobile on my Mac. No dialog box after clicking on 'sign in'

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot log into Lightroom Mobile on my iMAC desktop.  When I click on the "Get Started with Lightroom Mobile" in LR CC - nothing happens.  I try to click on the 'sync with LR sign in'  - no response.  It has worked in the past and I know I should get a dialog box asking from my adobe ID/PW

I tried an older version of LR (5) and I can get to the log in screen but it just hangs.  I deleted the older versions of LR and re installed LR CC and same problem. Rebooted, reinstalled - tried just about everything.  No firewalls if anyone asks. 

I can login into LR on my iPhone and iPad.  I have a 2013 iMac with the latest OS and service patches as of today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ErikTandberg,

You may try and reset the Lightroom CC 2015 preferences back to default also, check is your Lightroom updated to the latest version as well. CC 2015.10.1

refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Also, sign-out and sign-in from the creative cloud desktop to refresh the login on your machine.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

This did not fix the problem.

Lightroom version:  CC 2015 [1014445]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.12 [5]

I could not find the plist file as described in the link (yes, I can see the hidden lib files).  However I did reset the preferences (shift option) when I restarted lightroom.  

I tried exiting creative cloud and logging back in.

Problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update your Lightroom version to its latest update CC 2015.1.1 and check if that helps.

also, if you post the screenshot of the problem as well.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something really is wrong now. i can't update - I tried unistalling and reinstalling but l got an error during the install.  if I try to open from creative cloud it just says waiting -- nothing happens. So now I cannot even launch LR. To make matters worse I can't even access the forums on my mac.... I get a "system error attempting to access forums....".  I can access the forums on my phone though.

these all have to be related.... something is corrupted on my computer.  Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try uninstall Lightroom, restart the machine and reinstall it via Adobe Creative Cloud.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the third time I have tried this, with the same result. It appears that it is not applying the patch properly.  However I can now access the adobe forum on my iMac.   Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 10.52.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines