• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annotate paragraph style names

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to display the names of the respective paragraph styles I'm using throughout a document for visual reference. Almost like a caption under a photo, I want to select a text box and create a caption or note that says the name of the style applied to it. I know I can do this manually, but I'm looking for a script or tool that allows me to do it automatically on the text boxes I select.

Something like the attached image, where the red text calls out the name of the paragraph style.

Or if there's a way to view these details in a PDF, that would work as well.

Any ideas?

Styles.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Yeap!

The 2 scripts have been written by another great Jedi whose name is not Marc Autret, our Javascript Master, less small and green than Yoda [joke!]. His name is Roland Dreger Jedi Master!

Take a look to his web site:  JavaScript — Roland Dreger, Grafikdesign

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried edit in story editor. It displays the paragraph styles as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ian. I'm trying to get this information to actually display on the page as well because it is serving as a style guide for designers and developers who will not be working in InDesign, rather referencing a PDF. So it's almost this exact function, only placing it on the page instead of in the story editor window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use notes. Open the ID file in InCopy (part of you Creative Cloud subscription) and export the PDF from there.

Choose to convert notes to PDF annotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Time will always be for me a matter of money, 1 click is only what I shall do to get such a result!  😉

Capture d’écran 2017-07-07 à 09.30.08.png

1-click again to make the colorings & annotations disappear!

Capture d’écran 2017-07-07 à 09.36.15.png

Use The Force! …

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thanks Obi-wan, this is a pretty great script. I can get the hilight colors to work, but see no way to show the annotations, which would be the most helpful part. Is this in a different script than stylighter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap!

The 2 scripts have been written by another great Jedi whose name is not Marc Autret, our Javascript Master, less small and green than Yoda [joke!]. His name is Roland Dreger Jedi Master!

Take a look to his web site:  JavaScript — Roland Dreger, Grafikdesign

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, Obi-wan and Roland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines