• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save as to network on Windows 10 Indesign CC 2014

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were working just fine yesterday and today we cannot save as to the network.  We can see the network, open files, create a new file and do a save but not a save as.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

This is really, really a server permissions problem, not an InDesign problem... really. It could be temp files that are written for example etc. without the proper permissions. It is indeed for IT to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign does not like working of servers. move files locally, work on them and put them back when done and all of your issues will go away. This issue is reported by people every week and the best thing you can do is move the files locally, work on them and move them back when done. Your issues will go away if work this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were working this way for like 10 years and now all of a sudden it doesn't work.  This was our temporary fix but it isn't a solution.  She saves up to 500 new files everyday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have your IT folks check all the permissions settings for that server. There should be no problems working with a robust server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. I have had exactly the same issues for 7 years and i have opened tickets with IT and at the end they tell me what i am telling you. Just sharing from personal experience, the working of servers in indesign causes issues. Good luck. the best advice i can give is to work locally. I did that and the issues with permissions, files not opening, weird errors windows all went away once i changed the work style and worked locally.

On time we had to move 500 job folder with packaged indesign files from a windows server thru an x-server since IT said that would resolved the permissions and other issues, but than again it happened, and they asked to work locally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are too many IT people out there that think one size fits all and don't want to be bothered setting things up for publishing workflows. This is a server issue and needs to be addressed at that level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really, really a server permissions problem, not an InDesign problem... really. It could be temp files that are written for example etc. without the proper permissions. It is indeed for IT to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

As suggested by experts, this is a network permissions related issue and it cannot be solved at InDesign level. Here's a help file with details: Network crashes prevent InDesign from reading from or writing to open files

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines