• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my jpegs the wrong size? What is a megapixel?

Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This is my first time uploading on Stock, and I can't upload any jpegs. The specs in PS don't match the requirements on Stock?Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 3.47.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-06 at 3.48.17 PM.png

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christina,

Not really sure as I am not a Photoshop expert but please see the suggestion here: Stock Contributor FAQ: How do I upload my content to Adobe Stock?

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A megapixel is "about a million pixels". It's easy to work out the number of megapixels from your screen there.

You have a width of 8.5 inches and a height of 11 inches. To convert inches to pixels we need to know the pixels per inch value (ppi) which is there on screen too - 500 ppi.

The size in pixels is 8.5 x 500 x 11 x 500 = 23,375,000. So, about 23 megapixels. You can check the guidelines to see if that is allowed. Check the other rules too.

I think you may have a deeper problem though. JPEG is for photos, not line art. I'm assuming that what we see is what you want to submit? If not, ignore this! This is a completely unsuitable piece of work to save as JPEG. I've not read the contributor guidelines, but I suspect they would want a rather beautiful artwork like this as vector work, which would be made in Illustrator and saved in another format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that's sweet!
I understood this to mean jpegs only but I see vector work is also acceptedScreen Shot 2017-07-07 at 9.59.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Etsy2.jpg
This is what it looks like btw ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines