• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom thinks my Iphone photos are videos..

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.  When importing my photos from my Iphone 7, Lightroom thinks they are all 1 and 2 second videos--due to the fact that the Iphone now shoots the 'preview' second prior to the photo being taken.  (note, i am using Lightroom 3.5 on my Mac desktop, not a mobile version.)

How do I tell Lightroom that these are photos and not videos so that I can edit them?  Id rather not turn of that feature in my Iphone.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Lynn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

This issue was corrected in LR CC 2015.9 / 6.9.  So your options are:

- Upgrade to LR CC 2015 or LR 6 (costs money).

- Use the Image Capture program on your Mac to transfer the photos from the phone to your Mac hard drive. Using the Finder, delete the videos. Then import the photos from there into LR.

- Use LR to import the videos and photos. After importing, select the videos and hit Delete; click Remove (not Delete From Disk).  In the Finder, navigate to the folder containing the videos and photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They really are short videos, not image files. If the iPhone created two files, the preview video and the image file you could delete the preview video, but I don't think the iPhone does this. In any case the solution lies with the phone, not Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was corrected in LR CC 2015.9 / 6.9.  So your options are:

- Upgrade to LR CC 2015 or LR 6 (costs money).

- Use the Image Capture program on your Mac to transfer the photos from the phone to your Mac hard drive. Using the Finder, delete the videos. Then import the photos from there into LR.

- Use LR to import the videos and photos. After importing, select the videos and hit Delete; click Remove (not Delete From Disk).  In the Finder, navigate to the folder containing the videos and photos; delete the videos but not the photos.   Import the photos from there back into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you John.  This is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC they are called Live images and as stated above are videos. So stop using the Live Image (Live Photo, or whatever it is called) option (that is if you can turn it off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines