• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editable PDF show up blank when I go to print or email, help!

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues pulling in an editable PDF. I am able to edit it and completely fill out the form. Once I go to share, email, or print it the form shows up blank in any other format than just viewing from iPad. Please help! This makes the whole program pointless if it cannot be corrected.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , iOS , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi marka82406142​,

Unfortunately, your filled PDF form has PDF syntax issues. 

Preflight (the built-in PDF tool of the Acrobat Pro desktop app) reported the following issues.

Preflight Result - Missing Font.png

The two "Courier" fonts that are intended to be used for text fields are missing from the PDF form.

It looks like this particular PDF form was filled and modified with non-Adobe PDF viewer apps, which introduced PDF syntax errors and inconsistencies.  Have you used Apple's Preview app on a Mac computer to fill out this form?

Acrobat Reader, Standard, and Pro desktop apps for Windows and Mac can correct various errors for rendering and printing on the fly.  On the other hand, Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android do not have the capability to correct this particular font error with text fields yet.

If you have the original Microsoft Word document, you can export to PDF to regenerate a blank form and use the new PDF form in the future.

Additionally, we'd highly recommend using Acrobat Reader (instead of other non-Adobe PDF viewer apps) on desktop/laptop computers and mobile devices to fill out PDF forms so that you can avoid PDF syntax errors with filled form data.

Please let us know if your have further questions.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marka82406142​,

Would you please provide more information about the problem?

• By "edit", do you mean filling out a PDF form?  Do you have the Acrobat Pro DC paid subscription to use the "Edit PDF" feature to change text in a PDF document?
  • What is the version of your Acrobat Reader?  (Go to the iOS Settings > Adobe Acrobat > Version.)
  • What is the iOS version of your iPad? (Go to the iOS Settings > General > About > Version.)
  • Does the problem happen to all of your PDF documents or just the particular PDF document?

Would you be willing to share your PDF document with us (Adobe) so that we can diagnose the problem properly?

I've sent you a forum private message with the instructions on how to share your PDF document with us.  (Please note that Adobe forums do not accept email attachments.)

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't not have the paid version.  I open the PDF that I can fill in the blanks with type.

adobe version 17.06.12

ios version 10.3.2

This issue happens with all pdf that have form fills in in.  If I open the pen function and circle or write on it, that portion saves and shows up on the print form.  It's the form fill sections that dont "save".

I sent you you one of the PDF forms that I am referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marka82406142​,

We received your sample PDF form.  Thank you!

Here's what we found out so far with the same versions of Acrobat Reader 17.06.12 and iOS 10.3.2.

The original PDF form that you sent to us via email shows filled form data (i.e. not blank).

The problem occurs only with a flattened copy of the PDF form.  When you try to (a) print a PDF document with filled form data or annotations (Highlight, Underline, Handwritten Drawing, etc.) or (b) send it by selecting the Share File > Share Flattened Copy option, Acrobat flattens the PDF document first.

The filled form data portion of the flattened copy of your PDF form appears blank in the preview section of Apple's Printer Options dialog. However, this seems to be a problem that is specific to your file: WERC-BMA(1).pdf.  We could not reproduce the same problem with other PDF forms that we've tried to print.

We will create a bug report and continue investigating the cause of the problem.

As a workaround, we'd recommend printing the filled form in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on a Windows or Mac computer in the meantime.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. If I can find another version of the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi marka82406142​,

Unfortunately, your filled PDF form has PDF syntax issues. 

Preflight (the built-in PDF tool of the Acrobat Pro desktop app) reported the following issues.

Preflight Result - Missing Font.png

The two "Courier" fonts that are intended to be used for text fields are missing from the PDF form.

It looks like this particular PDF form was filled and modified with non-Adobe PDF viewer apps, which introduced PDF syntax errors and inconsistencies.  Have you used Apple's Preview app on a Mac computer to fill out this form?

Acrobat Reader, Standard, and Pro desktop apps for Windows and Mac can correct various errors for rendering and printing on the fly.  On the other hand, Acrobat Reader mobile apps for iOS and Android do not have the capability to correct this particular font error with text fields yet.

If you have the original Microsoft Word document, you can export to PDF to regenerate a blank form and use the new PDF form in the future.

Additionally, we'd highly recommend using Acrobat Reader (instead of other non-Adobe PDF viewer apps) on desktop/laptop computers and mobile devices to fill out PDF forms so that you can avoid PDF syntax errors with filled form data.

Please let us know if your have further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines