• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does it say Lightroom 2015 in my CC app?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the photography package with PS and LR, and downloaded them. In my CC app, it says Photoshop CC (2017), which makes sense, but for LR it says Lightroom CC (2015) which doesn't add up. Shouldn't this be Lightroom 2017? Maybe I'm missing something... Thanks!

Lightroom.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Lightroom CC (2015) is the most recent version of Lightroom.  All the other apps in the CC suite have been updated to 2017, but not LR.  We're all wondering if that's going to happen soon, but it's just idle speculation.  Anyone who knows authoritatively is prevented by confidentiality agreements from saying anything publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC (2015) is the most recent version of Lightroom.  All the other apps in the CC suite have been updated to 2017, but not LR.  We're all wondering if that's going to happen soon, but it's just idle speculation.  Anyone who knows authoritatively is prevented by confidentiality agreements from saying anything publicly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tutorials don't match Lightroom 2015 screen. Not able to do what videos show!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to do and which video are you talking about.   A link to the video would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop and straighten your photos (under Edit your first photos)

Under Lens Correction panel

Screen shows 4 tabs (Basic, Profile, Color, Manual)

Under Basic

Tutorial says to select first two options Enable Profile Corrections & Remove Chromatic aberration, then click Auto under Upright.

However, my screen only shows the Profile & Manual tabs

I have the Enable Profile Corrections & Remove Chromatic aberration options but below it says Lens Profile.

I’m trying to straighten veritcals lines that are slightly bowed due to wide angle lens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to straighten veritcals lines

You need to go to the transform tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also noticed a change here between the tutorial and Lightroom. Adobe has just rearranged the functions to make them more organized. The auto upright has been moved to the transform section. You can find it there. For lens corrections, enable profile corrections, and if your lens is not automatically selected, go to the drop boxes below, and select your Lense's make and model. Sometimes Lightroom does not automatically detect the lens and you need to select it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has changed a little bit over the years. I advise trying to find a newer video instead. Also, there is a difference between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. ​Make sure you are using the right program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines