• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install flash player

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have tried all the online help suggestions numerous times and nothing is working

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide these details :

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

win 7

explorer 11

the latest version of flash player that was to install

i cannot install adobe flash player and not adobe reader i get an empty screen popup for the adobe download manager,

I have tried uninstall and reinstall several times and other suggestions and nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Flash Player installer launches blank, please try the following:

1. Right-click on the installer file and select Properties
  2. In the General tab click the Unblock button
  3. Click Apply
  4. Click OK to close the window
  5. Double-click on the installer file to launch the installer

The same may work for the Reader installer.  if not, please post the Reader question to the Acrobat Reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any "unblock" message in either one, my computer shows that it is installed but when i try to get updates - they will not install - i get a blank popup screen for adobe download manager for both.

and, when some site gives me the option to used reader - this does not connect to my reader and i am prompted to download adobe reader (which i already have) but this new download only gives me a blank adobe download manager screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get a blank popup screen for adobe download manager for both.

Please post a screenshot of the blank adobe download manager, and provide exact steps to reproduce.

For Reader issues, please post to the Acrobat Reader forum.  Staff that participate on this form work on Flash Player, not Reader, therefore, we really can't provide accurate information on Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know how to send you a screenshot, but if you google "cannot install flash player"  you will find a picture of a blank adobe download manager window - because other people have had this same problem.

as for the "exact" steps - it's like I already said - i try to install the update from adobe - and after I click on all the prompts that are given - the "adobe download manager" window pops up and is blank - so that the update does not install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A link to instructions for taking and posting a screenshot were posted in the very first reply to your post: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

my computer shows that it is installed but when i try to get updates - they will not install - i get a blank popup screen for adobe download manager for both.

There are numerous update workflows.  I don't know which one you are referring to.  Please provide steps to reproduce, in the following format:

1. go to such-and-such website (or update notification displays, click 'download'), etc

2. do something

3. do something

4 actual results - with screenshot

I'm not trying to be difficult.  I'm trying to help.  However, it's important to get exact information in order to provide the assistance.  For example, my first reply was based on the blank installer dialog window I am aware of.  You replied "I do not have any "unblock" message in either one", as such, I'm not sure which blank window you are referring to.  Performing a google search for "can't install flash player" will return way too many results, and may not return your exact issue.  Please provide the exact information, as has been previously requested, so that we may be of assistance to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  i get a popup that there is an update

2)  it takes me to adobe site to download the update, I follow the instructions, and i get the above window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screenshot and confirming the installer window in question.

Since the 'unblock' option is missing, I'm going to need to forward this to the online installer team to troubleshoot.  In the interim the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section should work.

The online installer generates a couple of log files as soon as it's launched. The files are saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs.  Please upload both files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.  I'll then forward the files to the online installer team to investigate further.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as for the first part of your answer, I have tried everything on that page several times and nothing works

as for the 2nd part of your answer - what is "YourUserID"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried using the offline installer, posted at the bottom of the help page?

YourUserID is the username you log into your computer with. 

The AppData is a hidden directory, if you try to navigate to it directly you won't see it, but you can type it in the File/Windows Explorer navigation field.  To display hidden directories, see the instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything on that page several times and always get the same "adobe download manager blank screen"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only found one file

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything on that page several times and always get the same "adobe download manager blank screen"

We've only ever received reports of the online installer (Adobe Download Manager) displaying blank.  I've not seen a report of the offline installers, posted at the bottom of the tech note, displaying blank (that's not to say it doesn't, or won't, happen. I've just never seen it reported).  Here are the direct links to the offline installers, posted at the bottom of the tech note.

Which one of these, offline installers, are you using that displays blank?  Please post a screenshot of it.

Thank you for posting the online installer log file. I'll forward it to the online installer team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for your information, I have done this many, many times before!!!

it is the update that will not update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the 'blank' offline installer, as previously requested.

Try the following:

• Ensure the date/time on your system are current
  • anti-virus, if installed, may be interfering with the installation, you can try disabling it and running the installer
    • I understand some people don't like to disable anti-virus, the offline installer doesn't require a network connection, so you can disconnect your system from the internet, disable the a/v, and run the installer
  • reset the browser settings to the default settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have already posted this screenshot - you can find it above - it is always the same - this only happens when i try to do the update, flashplayer and reader are installed - it is only when i try to update that this blank window pops up - so that the update does not take effect

the date/time are correct

I have tried disabling anti virus before it makes no difference

what do you mean by "browser settings to default settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have already posted this screenshot - you can find it above

The screenshot posted previously is for the online (Adobe Download Manager) installer, downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer. It is NOT for the offline installer, downloaded from the tech note.  If you are seeing the same window (title = Adobe Download Manger) it is not the offline installer.  Another way to tell which installer you are using is by the file name:

Example online (Adobe Download Manger) installer file names:

• ActiveX for IE: flashplayer26ax_xxx_install.exe
  • NPAPI for Firefox: flashplayer26_xxx_install.exe
  • PPAPI for Chromium: flashplayer26_xxx_install.exe

Offline installer file names:

• ActiveX for IE: install_flash_player_ax.exe
  • NPAPI for Firefox: install_flash_player.exe
  • PPAPI for Chromium: install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

If the files downloaded from the tech note do not have the above file names, then there's an issue with the download (I just downloaded them and they downloaded correctly).

Here is a screenshot of the offline installer UI:

The title reads "Adobe Flash Player 26.0 Installer" instead of 'Adobe Download Manager'.

To reset Internet Explorer settings, see https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/help/17441/windows-internet-explorer-change-reset-settings​.  I'm not sure if resetting IE deletes bookmarks. You should back-up your bookmarks before resetting the browser (https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000524.htm )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had an issue with the window that you posted, it is always the "adobe download manager" window.

However, i just checked to see what version of flashplayer I have - and it seems that I now have the correct version!!  and there is no update yet - so I cannot send you any window until it's time to install the update again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we've had reports in the past about the 'Adobe Download Manager' launching blank.  Usually the 'unblock' button displays in the Properties > General tab, an unselecting that solves the issue.  But you didn't see the 'Unblock' option in Properties > General, so the recommended solution wouldn't work.  At this point, the online installer team will need to review the log file (which you previously provided and I've forwarded to them) to see if there's anything in there that gives an indication as to why it launches blank.  If they have any questions for you, they'll post them here.

In the mean time, until the issue with the online (Adobe Download Manager) is resolved, you can use the offline installer to update Flash Player on your system.

As an alternative, you can opt into Background Updates, which will update Flash Player, silently in the background with no user interaction within 24 hours of a new version being available (assuming the computer is connected to the internet).  Of course, some people don't like automatic updates (totally understandable why).  I just mention it here as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the "offline installer"? 

will try auto update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ms31248288​,

Offline installers are the one which you can download once and then even if you are not connected to the internet you can run the same and installation will be successful. The same are posted on Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page under 'Still having problems' section.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ms31248288

The online installer (windows title = Adobe Download Manager) is a stub/shim installer, also called web installer. The initial file downloaded is very small (~1mb).  When executed this online/web installer downloads Flash Player, and any other 3rd party offerings selected by the user, silently in the background.  Since it downloads and installs the software in the background the online/web installer requires an internet connection.

The offline installer is the full Flash Player installer by itself, no 3rd party offerings.  Since this is the full installer package a network connection is not required when running the installer.

I forwarded the log file to the online installer team.  Unfortunately, due to the failure type, the log file doesn't contain useful information.  The online installer team did recommend the following options to attempt to solve the issue on your system:

After clearing the cookies, restoring the internet settings to default,  and restarting the system, the issue got resolved. Try suggesting the same to the user.

Note that the issue with a blank online/web installer is system-related, not installer file related.

My previous post, comment #19, includes links to Microsoft support site with information for resetting the browser.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines