• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Scene?

Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm totally new to Character Animator. I have been able to modify a puppet and import into the program but I can't seem to find information on how to import a background picture the puppet stands in front of and how to then switch background pictures and puppets to move from scene to scene. Also, curious if there are any template background scenes out there to use? Many thanks--

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

If you have the background as a PSD or PNG file (or even AI file), just import it into the Project panel, then add it to the same scene but behind (below) the other puppet. You can just drag the puppet track vertically (from the left-side track header) or use the Timeline > Arrange > Move Down menu command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the background as a PSD or PNG file (or even AI file), just import it into the Project panel, then add it to the same scene but behind (below) the other puppet. You can just drag the puppet track vertically (from the left-side track header) or use the Timeline > Arrange > Move Down menu command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I really appreciate the help. I was able to make that work! Is there a benefit to adding a background in Character Animator versus Adobe After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this time, it's probably simpler to have the background in AE -- reduces complexity in your CH scene, and you can move the CH puppet in AE along the z-axis relative to your background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Can I also ask you a question about after effects here or should I start a separate thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Separate thread would be best, but if specific to AE, someone from the AE forum (After Effects ) might be more knowledgeable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines