Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.OGV and .WEBM Export

Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to export .OGV and .WEBM files from Premiere Pro CS5 (or, if necessary, AE CS5).

Can this be done? They don't appear as export options.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't native support, but this wouldn't stop a 3rd party from writing one.

-EricS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worry you're right. It'd be a shame not to have the convenience of getting the job done in Media Encoder. The thought of having to encode twice is really repelling. These aren't esoteric file types now that we're talking about accommodating major browsers for the sake of HTML5 video.

Adobe people, I hope you're listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Adobe people, I hope you're listening.

Feature Request https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe knows that web content developers want WebM and OGV (and of course also MKV) support... But they are definetely NOT listening, because (due to the decision to drop WebM support as they promised) they've now actively decided to wage war against HTML5 video!

Most likely they have already received thousands of requests for MKV, OGV and WebM support for the past 3-4 years.

But Adobe is by no means interested in competition from the open source containers and the community formats, so they are doing whatever they can to stop it by only supporting commerical (license encumbered formats) in their hegemonic Flash Player.

I guess we ought to stop Adobe then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you filed the Feature Request yet?

Adobe does listen to the users. Now, it could well be that there are not yet enough voices for them to commit $ to the development and implementation, so their lack of action might well be a reflection of not enough requests, such as MKV support.

When the voices reach a tipping-point, that Adobe can use to justify the implementation, I am sure that it will happen.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have not seen this, it might prove useful. It's the Supported File Formats for Export from AME.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According the official website of AME, we know that we just need to convert OGV or WebM to AME supported MP4, MXF, H.264, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc and then we can easily import GOV and WebM to AME.

Here is a guide on how to convert OGV to MP4 to help you. This guide also appies to convert OGV to MXF, H.264, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc and WebM to MP4, MXF, H.264, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc.

Hope it will help you more or less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download VLC, it will export the files. Free. Great program.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support for webm and others is not likely.  Firefox is the only one of the four browsers I checked that does not support HTML5 mp4 videos.  The other three are Chrome, IE Explorer, and Safari.

Mozilla, as a non profit, has problems with licensing fees. 

Mozilla claims they do support webm.  So I found a webm converter at "Micro Video Converter": http://www.mirovideoconverter.com/

The downside is the webm files, in addition to taking time to convert,  are twice the size of mp4 files and, while I can get the files to play locally, they don't play on remote web server.

Going forward I'll place a note: "Current revisions of Chrome, IE Explorer and Safari support HTML5 video frames embedding mp4 files. Mozilla Firefox does not support mp4 video." beneath the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use XMedia Recode to create my WebM version for Firefox users.  While I don't agree with Mozilla's stand on this one, it is the best browser out there and I don't want folks visiting my site to have to use something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent a couple hours trying to download the XMedia Recode.  All the download spots have objectionable adware blocked by my firewall.  If Mozilla really cared about their H.264 stance they would make it easy to download a converter for occasional developers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd mention that I've written plug-ins to do this, now in beta. Read about them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have done a video showing off the use of fnordwares plugin if you wanted to have a look at it... Its really great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfYIzr7EVp0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC Users: Use VidConvert.

Adobe doesn't know how to make easy to use programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is kind of idiotic that thousands of requests need to be submitted to have a product that fulfills real life solutions. And the answer provided by @the_wine_sob it is really out of context, because we pay premium money for a piece of software that does not meet real commercial requirements. If Adobe does not have enough profit for the developing and update of simple task as opensource container, that are already written and available for all, what it is left is a lame excuse. No wonder that for basic video editing needs even an opensource like kdenlive in a Linux box will suffice the full task, why bother wasting money in a piece of junk that does not offer all the solutions I need out of the box. Would be better for me to give the money to an opensource community that do offer solutions even for licensed containers, that a licensed one that does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2016 and still no OGV or WebM. WOW! unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, same thoughts as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Very Much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE has been a shame !! 2017/july  and can not implement solution that's is FREE for them ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets worse... 2022... STILL no OGV or WebM export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's to 2023 and still no OGV or WebM export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines