• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom Collection menu left side folders with labels that have numbers following them?

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom on the left hand side are menus this question is about the Collections Menu.  I have both mac and surface computers. Since using Lr Mobile the following has happened.  in the menu it show the collection, plus the same collections with a number following it but the same number of files, the a third version with a different set of numbers and less files. for at least five different times.

Sample

Collections

Tank 5              11

Tank 52            11

Tank 522          6

Tank 523          11

Tank 5232        11

What am i doing to get so many iteration for one collection ????????

I am afraid to delete them i don't want to loose my originals and have to resort 5000 pictures.

Thank you for you help. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 8.43.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

A strange phenomenon! They just look like copies are being created. (normally copies are named 'Original-Copy')

I do not know the answer.

But understand that "Collections" are not your photos. They are only lists of selected photos in you library.

You can delete Collections and you do not delete your photos. They still remain in their computer folders and remain showing in the Library grid view of Lr.

Have you re-booted the computer?

And try resetting the preferences file.  Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A strange phenomenon! They just look like copies are being created. (normally copies are named 'Original-Copy')

I do not know the answer.

But understand that "Collections" are not your photos. They are only lists of selected photos in you library.

You can delete Collections and you do not delete your photos. They still remain in their computer folders and remain showing in the Library grid view of Lr.

Have you re-booted the computer?

And try resetting the preferences file.  Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you one of my concerns was loosing originals.  I am learning about Lr mobile and using it to comuncate to my main system mac.  Just got surface pro 4 for fine line editing of images it awesome. The on with the lesser images i believe appeared after I removed some of the images from the collection by reducing the star level from 5 to a lower number.  Then they came back on subsequent colletions.  Iam hoping someone can expaline the numbers. I think i might be syncing wrong but not sure how. thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing to mobile adds another concern to your strange collection panel. You have three collections marked as syncing (the icon to sync shows on three) and they each have the same number of images (136) and possibly the same photos, so are you seeing three of each image in the mobile device?

When I say you can safely delete collections- take caution with those that are synced, because deleting these removes the collection in Lightroom but does not remove the photos synced to the mobile device.

Reducing the Star Rating of any image would not 'remove' it or change anything with respect to Collections (unless the Collection is a "Smart" collection- which cannot be mobile synced anyway!)

Hopefully someone with more mobile experience to me will chime in with suggestions.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines