Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr "edit in Ps CC"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
i have a problem, or better i don't know how make popping out again a dialouge window. When i click on "edit in Ps CC", should appear a window where is asked how proceed: open the image (so the image is opened in CR) or use the pre-rendering of Lightroom. Well i pressed on the pre-rendering, so when i try to edit the photo in Ps, it's opened directly how a layer. How i can change that option, remove the pre-rendering and use camera raw? (Passing by Lr interface).

Thanks for help (sorry for bad english)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

It might help if you can explain why you want to bypass LR and use camera raw–They both apply the same rendering.

The easiest way to do this inside LR is to use Photo> Edit In> Open as Smart Object in Photoshop.

Work with Smart Objects in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help if you can explain why you want to bypass LR and use camera raw–They both apply the same rendering.

The easiest way to do this inside LR is to use Photo> Edit In> Open as Smart Object in Photoshop.

Work with Smart Objects in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mainly it's because i use Lr for the Library function, selection and photo organization. After the selection, i was used to do the editing phase first in camera raw and then (if needed) in photoshop.
If i do the first part of editing like white balance-setting the light and shadows etc etc. in Lr, i have the same result of camera raw when i'm going to editing the file in photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark8819  wrote

If i do the first part of editing like white balance-setting the light and shadows etc etc. in Lr, i have the same result of camera raw when i'm going to editing the file in photoshop?

As long as LR and Camera Raw are at the same version level (LR 6.10.1, CR 9.10.1) editing results will be identical. Camera Raw is only needed when using Smart Objects in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, after a week that i'm using Lr instead CR, well it's work perfectly, but i noticed a thing: while i turn on the spot removal tool the performance falls drsticaly and the pointer suffer hard lags and it'very slow to positioning the source area. When i turn off the tool everything come back to normality. It's strange because in CR i didn't have this kind of problems. In case you think it's a problem of hardware this is my PC components:
AMD FX-8350 (4.0ghz)
ASUS R9 280 3gb

16gb RAM

128ssd
1TBhdd

Could be ha PC problem, or a settings problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try unchecking 'Use Graphics Processor' in LR Preferences as shown below. When this is checked all of the Local controls typically operate slower. It does however provide some performance improvement for the Basic panel controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines