• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and mask function on photoshop dead

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not apply the select and mask workspace because the file could not be found" it says that when I select an area and click select and mask.

I have tried unlocking then double clicking the layer but it just pops up with blending options. I find this is a very annoying issue and it must be fixed. It's really frustrating and I have searched up nearly ALL the tutorials on how to select and mask and it seems very easy and they can just click it without any errors, but why does my photoshop have an error?! Did I install it wrong, I followed the steps when installing. This error must be fixed because I don't think I did anything weird in the settings. The software is here to blame.

Please tell me how to fix this problem because it highly affects on a project I'm doing. Don't just give me a link with so much info on adjustment layer and technical layer information because I am new to the software so all of that is jibberish in my eyes. I don't know how to use photoshop well. Sorry that I am frustrated because this is a frustrating situation for me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I would try the following in this order:

1. Reset Preferences. To do this go to Preferences - General  then click on Reset Preferences on Quit.  Now close and restart Photoshop.

If that does not work:

2. Uninstall then reinstall Photoshop. This can be done quite quickly from the CC desktop application.

If that does not fix the issue :

3. Uninstall again - and this time use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool before re-installing.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines