• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5.1 sound sollution?

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well. As I have finally found the culprit for the crashing when trying to use Mercury Transmit for secondary monitor viewing (see this thread for background) I have now another problem. Smaller, though still a problem. I wonder if you guys have any suggestions?

Since I had to kill Sonic Studio 2 in order for it to not to interfere with Mercury Transmit I now am left without the ability to select 5.1 sound output mapping as far as I can tell. My 7.1 motherboard soundcard now shows up as a standard 2.0 stereo device in Premiere Pro CC (latest release v2017.1.2 Build 11.1.2 (22)).

I have tried setting the speakers up as 5.1 Surround in windows default sound settings. But it seems to do nothing.

stereoOutput.JPG

I did try restarting Premiere Pro after changing the settings. No change.

I do have some vague recollection that there is an alternate audio driver that I should be able to use that shows the correct setup for Premiere but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was called. And googling it seems to bring up nothing.

I am looking around at external sound cards as a workaround also (at least until Adobe can find a way to work this bug out with Asus) But I am staying clear of those using Sonic Studio 2 for their interface... because of the issues it has with Mercury Transmit.

Anyone have any suggestions? Both on external soundcards and alternative sound drivers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the alternative driver you are thinking of is probably ASIO

ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines