• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in Lightroom are all 1620x1080

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello! I went to try and print some pictures, but realized they are saving as 1620x1080(uncropped). In Lightroom mobile I have Load Full resolution turned on. Even on my computer they still show up as 1620x1080. Previous pictures from a while ago are mot having that problem, but my “newer” ones are. I did get a new camera and lens (Nikon d750 w/af-s Nikkor 24-120), but don’t see anything in there that would cause this. I made sure that in the camera it is turned to optimal quality and I am shooting in raw. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

I have a D750 and nothing set in the camera will produce an image 1620x1080

I went to try and print some pictures

How?  Are you printing to a connected inkjet, or do you want to send photos to a commercial printer?

they are saving as 1620x1080

Saving where?  Do you mean you are exporting derivative photos from Lightroom to have printed?

If 'Exporting' - what resize options do you have in the export dialog?

In Lightroom mobile I have Load Full resolution turned on.

What do you mean by this statement?

Ima

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your images "saving" at 1620 x 1080 pixels? That is a screen resolution, not a pixel dimension of a file size from your camera. Your images should be 6000 x 4000 pixels, or just a little bit larger than that. Please explain where you are seeing the images at the dimensions you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open them up on Lightroom and look at the metadata, it says 1620x1080. But I exported one photo from Lightroom to my computer and set the pixel dimensions to 2400x1800(just as a test) and it exported with those dimensions as a cropped photo of the original. But why doesn’t it show the correct pixel dimensions in Lightroom while some other photos do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone more familiar with the D750 will have to answer this question. The image size doesn't even match any of the sizes in the specifications on the Nikon website. I'm still in the DX category, shooting a D7100. If you are shooting full-sized images and importing them directly into Lightroom they should display as such. Do you have one of these "problem" images that you can share via Dropbox or similar so that perhaps others could import and evaluate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a D750 and nothing set in the camera will produce an image 1620x1080

I went to try and print some pictures

How?  Are you printing to a connected inkjet, or do you want to send photos to a commercial printer?

they are saving as 1620x1080

Saving where?  Do you mean you are exporting derivative photos from Lightroom to have printed?

If 'Exporting' - what resize options do you have in the export dialog?

In Lightroom mobile I have Load Full resolution turned on.

What do you mean by this statement?

Images that you sync to Lr mobile from your desktop are not the full pixel size of the original, they are reduced in size as a 'Smart Preview', so what is meant by "full resolution"?

There are so many conundrums in your first post question I find it is difficult to give a definitive answer.

Whenever I open them up on Lightroom

Another confusing statement!  What do you mean by "Open"?.  Do you mean "Importing" the original camera file, or are you referring to an "Exported" file that you created and then imported to make a print?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines