Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urdu Noori Nastaleeq typing issue

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Settings used:    I do see Jameel Noori Nastaleeq  in the list of fonts. I have already changed my language from English to Urdu from my tool bar.

Problems at Hand:  I have two issues.

1: When typing, rather than combining letters in to words Adobe indesign simply type letters.

2: Urdu suppose to be written from right to left but letter gets typed still from right to left.

Any help will be appreciated.

Iqbal Hussain

Mazhardoublespeed@gmail.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Under Preferences->Advanced Type make sure you have selected one of the Adobe World-Ready Composers rather than the default Adobe Composer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences->Advanced Type make sure you have selected one of the Adobe World-Ready Composers rather than the default Adobe Composer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone in this community care that Jameel Noori Nastaliq is based on stolen ligatures of Noori Nastaliq?

I am of a opinion that fonts based on Stolen property should not be promoted or supported on this site in any manor or form what so ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AsSalamuAlaikum,

I have the same issue as mentioned above, when i type urdu in PS 7.0.rather than combining letters in to words PS simply type letters.

Can anyone help me to sort it out!!! I am using Inpage EPS exported file in PS, for urud, but cant type in PS inself

Plz help

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines