Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF doesn't show all images

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question refering to a pdf that i cant see some images.

In adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC the image that i want doesnt show.

But in Acobat Adobe 9 Professional it opens all images ..

There is any way of solve this question? or it will only work in Acrobat Adobe 9 Professional?

Best Regards,

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the images do you see a large gray rectangle? If so, go to Edit - Preferences - Page Display and tick the box that says "Show large images".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey try67, thanks for your reply, but i already done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC and that option is not under preferences. When I save as interactive file images show, just saved as interactive PDF the grey boxes show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the InDesign forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MODS: Do not move this thread to the ID forums, please. The original question is about Acrobat]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear (?) the original question was nothing to do with InDesign. The replies are about an option in Acrobat and Reader only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the PDF been created via InDesign, if so, which version of InDesign and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue (at least description looks same) - I know that there is image in PDF - i can see with Firefox, but i can't see it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. What's more it should be form that i have to fill including picture - and i can't do it.

(i have filled version of my friend - so i can see his picture in his form in Mozilla, but not in adobe)

Yes, I have option "Show large images" switched on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small update - I CAN see the picture on mini view (on the side where you have all pages), also if i select corresponding place and copy it to paint, for example, I can see the picture.

Problem still remained

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your exact version of Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Did you ever resolve it? I've uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat to latest version, but no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may help you, because I had the same problem and found out it was only occurring when I was cropping larger images or copying over cropped images. In order to fix the issue I had to crop the images using Photoshop instead of Paint, then save them as a new image and insert into my PDF documents. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem.

I teach CPR and when I issue a Red Cross certification, it comes as a PDF with a logo image and a QR code.  This has worked just fine for years.  I've made no changes to any settings, but today the images no longer show up.  Other people see them, but not me.  That indicates that somehow a setting somewhere must have changed (I did update Windows the other day), but without having made any real changes to my computer how can something so critical completely just go away?  What settings could be altered to affect this?

"Show large images" was already checked in my settings and nothing else I attempted seemed to work.  When I attempted to email a PDF, it will show the images in the gmail preview, but in my Windows 10 file explorer preview pane, or when opening the PDF in Acrobat, no images.

I'm surprised nobody has the answer.  Is this really a true mystery to Adobe experts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if you ever resolved this issue? Currently experiencing this and have for some time and cannot get it resolved no matter how many expert 'fixes' I attempt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues!  I can actually export from InDesign the same way zillions of times and the PDFs are still missing images and what's more, they are never the same images missing?!  So odd!  I've spent weeks trying and even started from scratch the whole portfolio I was making!  Still does the same thing.  I've tried all of these helpful tricks but still the same.  Frustrated, exhausted but determined to make this work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too.  I have an A4 document that features text created in InDesign and graphics created using Illustrator - all Adobe family apps.  Part of one of my Illustrator graphics does not display on screen when using Acrobat or Acrobat DC.  It does, however, print.  It does not display when viewing it on a Windows 10 computer or my Samsung phone.
What really gets me is that the OP asked this question on 28th April 2017 and I'm now visiting the forum in February 2020 and it still has not been solved.  Does Adode not offer support anymore?

Simon - Yes My Lord Ltd.
Professional Freelance Editor of UK Television Programmes.
And owner of B2B Creative Agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure that the Show large images option in Preferences : Page Display is checked.

You will find this option in Acrobat Reader too.

Capture_32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this on a similar thread, but I had this issue for a long time and found the answer in another post

Navigate to Acrobat's Preferences once from Edit>Preferences>Accessibility and check if the checkbox 'Replace Document colors' is On or Off.

I checked this off and boom, (background) images were visible! I hadn't realized that the images were in the "background" and that's what was making them disappear in Adobe, but not when I opened them in a browser. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked on one of our computers here for making sure all images are viewing in Acrobat DC. Thank you! Checking your "other post" link to see how to get his Win10 preview back as well which was rendering the same missing images that Acrobat was missing prior to the 'replace document colors fix'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else having this issue, you may also need to clear the thumbnail cache to preview the correct pdf files after doing the Adobe fix. Easily remedied in Disk Cleanup and only selecting Thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!! Thank you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! Finally!!! I made it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This tip worked for me, THANK YOU SO MUCH! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines