• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 version freezes on startup with this "Initializing Media Core" How do you fix this?

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I have spent literally 40 of the past 48 hours trying to get my CS6 version of After Effects to come up after double-clicking my desktop icon. I am also having a problem with Premiere Pro. The splash icon comes up and freezes when it gets to the following command, "Initializing Media Core." I have gone through and done updates to both the software and to Windows, restarted numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the software and am still not getting it to work. I am in the middle of a HUGE project that I am supposed to be working on and have been unable to. I worked in After Effects and Premiere Pro on Thursday evening for several hours and everything was working fine then.

I have a PC running Windows 7 Pro, an abundant amount of hard drive space and memory.

I sure would appreciate any and all help that I can get to get this working again!

Thank You!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Hello,

I want to thank everyone who provided helpful information for this issue with After Effects, and for the issue I was having with Premiere Pro. I ended up doing the following in order to get both programs back up and running from freezing during the start up process. However, before I tell you the steps I took, I just wanted to add that I am still having the same problems but I seem to be able to get both problems working again by simply uninstalling both programs, totally shutting the comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details. MediaCore errors can ahve all sorts of causes from unsuitable graphics hardware to flakey drivers or missing CoDecs. Impossible to tell based on your sparse info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I've had this before in the past, seem to recall I had to delete Preference files, .omd(b?) file etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea to clear your preferences if your application is crashing. For After Effects hold CTR, ALT, Shift right when you boot the application. If you reset the preferences then you should get a dialog box asking if you want to reset them. Choose OK. For Premiere you hold down the ALT key right after you start the application. It will not ask you if you want to reset your preferences. You know you reset them if you have no recent files listed in the welcome screen. I think it is a good idea to Reset your preferences if your application is not running correctly. Ifs you share them with the cloud you can always sync them. Although the application preferences most likely can be the problem, clearing the cache may fix any corruption there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to thank everyone who provided helpful information for this issue with After Effects, and for the issue I was having with Premiere Pro. I ended up doing the following in order to get both programs back up and running from freezing during the start up process. However, before I tell you the steps I took, I just wanted to add that I am still having the same problems but I seem to be able to get both problems working again by simply uninstalling both programs, totally shutting the computer down and then bringing it back up again, then reinstalling both programs and then once again shutting the computer down entirely before bringing it back up and starting the programs again. I am fairly certain that I am going to be FORCED to purchase their damn Creative Cloud rip-off because they won't provide fixes for known issues in their software unless you purchase their newest software.

So anyhow, here is what I did in order to get the programs working again.

1. Contacted AVG customer service who spent over two hours with me totally uninstalling my AVG software, clearing up ALL traces of it off of my computer, and then installing the newest version of their software and any and all updates.

2. Once the newest AVG software was installed, I went in and made sure that the following four connections were being allowed.

• AfterFX.exe
  • Adobe QT32 Server.exe
  • dynamiclinkmanager.exe
  • PProHeadless.exe

3. Totally uninstalled both programs, did a complete shut down of the computer before restarting it.

4. Reinstalled both programs and then once again did a complete shut down of the computer before restarting it.

5. When I booted up both programs I cleared the preferences just liked I was advised in an answer to my initial post.

Both programs worked great and I left them up and running for several days, and then Windows did an automatic update and then once again I couldn't get either program to open. So I simply did steps #3 and #4 again, (well I had to do it twice) and I now have both programs up and running once again.

So hopefully I can keep them both up and running with minimal hassle for awhile so that I can get the projects I am working on completed.

Thank you once again to everyone who provided useful and helpful information!

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like your system needs to be back dated and frozen to that state. Adobe nor any company will continue to support software on newer systems. Case-in-point, I had an old system to run CS 5.5 since it will not run on the newest Apple operating system (newer systems on the Mac do no support Java 6).

Great for figuring out the issue. Now you have two options: upgrade Adobe or do not upgrade your system (running older systems does open you up to hacking)

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines