• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering a saved over but not closed out file

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to recover a PSD file I saved over in PS, I did not close the program and the file is still open but I cannot revert it to the prior version, It will not let me preview it in your program. Is there any way I can know this can be recovered based on reviewing the code? I can see various "saved" time in the code so Im hopeful it can be back tracked, Ive tried the obvious, revert, undo, history log and reverting in Preview none successful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you have not closed the file or the application since saving then step back through the history panel and resave. The top of the history panel should show the document as it was when it was last opened.

Always use Save As and save incrementally whilst working on files i.e. filename001.psd - filename002.psd etc  That way you can recover easily from crashes and inadvertent errors

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately is won't allow me, it only backs up to a certain point. Im even trying to pull the coded to back out that way but not successful yet. Anyone know of a autosave file? Or anything else I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines